Friday, August 19, 2011

Why walk???

This is the question I despise...why walk? Since February I have been supposed to write a letter to all my family and friends to ask for a donation. In the letter they suggest you "tell your story" and explain why you are walking. UGH. I struggle every time, and the letter is still not written.

You see, I have no story; no life experience that directly links me to the importance of this walk. Yes, I have family and friends who battle the disease. And yes, it has impacted my life. So what? Don't we all? The truth is I have no idea what it must feel like to battle cancer. I have no idea how scared and alone one must feel. I have no idea how sick one really gets.

I don't need to.

Although I can't put it into words, I know this is a disease that needs my attention. I know the VERY LEAST I can do is try to raise money for research. I know I should be doing more. I wish I knew how to do more. I wish I had endless money to give. I wish I had the knowledge to find the cure myself. But, really, all I can do to help is walk...what other choices do I have? I HAVE TO HELP.

SO I guess the answer is - WHY NOT?

No comments:

Post a Comment